Anne Arundel County Public Library provides free tax help at six locations through the AARP Foundation Tax-Aide.
An IRS certified volunteer will provide free tax help for taxpayers with low and middle income, with special attention to those ages 60 and older.
To participate in the AARP Income Tax Assistance for Seniors and Low and Middle Income Residents program, you must:
- Earn less than $90,000 (per tax return)
- Not own a rental property
- Not have business expenses or have a Roth IRA worth over $10,000
- Bring all necessary documents and information
- Tax help will be available at the following times and branches:
Annapolis Regional Library
- Fridays through April 14 from 1-3 p.m.
Broadneck Community Library
- Tuesdays through April 11 from 1-3 p.m.
Crofton Community Library
- Mondays through April 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. By appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 401-255-6964.
Glen Burnie Regional Library
- Fridays through April 14 from 9 a.m. to noon. By appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 401-255-6964.
Maryland City at Russett Community Library
- Wednesdays through April 12 from 1-4 p.m.
Severna Park Community Library
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays through April 12 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, call 410-647-3335.
For more information, visit http://www.aacpl.net/taxes.